Well, that could have gone better.
So I made the drupal version of the site live for a few hours today. And got logs telling me which of the eclectic pics I had neglected to import etc.
So I updated a couple hundred pics to drupal (on my home PC), dumped the new mysql tables to a file, uploaded that file, and tried to import that file to dreamhost's mysql server.
And got told "Killed". Nevermind a
mysql -u me -p -h host , or a mysql-internal "
source file.sql" ... "Killed".
Which isn't all that nice, seeing that I don't know where in the upload things got killed, nor how to get things uploaded properly.
(It is a 60 MB upload, but that's peanuts (or should be), for mysql.)
Update: Dreamhost support rocks! Once this update is done I'll twitch the main site back, from static to drupal. Woot!