Other old texts.
- Vegetable Materia Medica of the US, by W. Barton, 1818. (not done yet).
- American Medical Botany, by Bigelow, 1817-21.
- The British Pharmaceutical Codex (intro page) (preparations page), 1911.
- Ginseng and Other Medicinal Plants - a grower's and collector's guide. A. R. Harding, 1936.
- The Family Herbal, by John Hill, 1812.
- Health from British Wild Herbs, by Richard Lawrence Hool, 1918.
- Common Plants and their Uses in Medicine, by Richard Lawrence Hool, 1922.
- The Elements of Materia Medica and Therapeutics, by Jonathan Pereira, 1854.
- Medical Flora, by Rafinesque, 1828. (not done yet)
- Botanologia, or The English Herbal, by William Salmon, 1710. Please help proofread this text!
- Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World, edited by U. P. Hedrick, 1919. (not done yet)
- Tea leaves by Francis H. Leggett & Co, 1900.
- Medical Botany, by Woodville, 1790-1794.
Of the scanned works found here, the following are the .html versions of .pdf files found on Michael Moore's site: Sturtevant and Harding.
Richard and Margie Druery sent me the scanned text + images of Tea leaves.
My friend Jane, a herbalist in the UK, sent me the scanned books of Hool.
All of these are used with permission. Thanks all!
Last updated Feb2016. Have a comment? Tell me.