Table 18. Euphorbia ipecacuanha.
Fig. 1. Represents an entire plant of the crimson variety (E. Ipecac, with a portion of the root. The specimen from which this figure was drawn (taken in May) had a root of the thickness of the lowest part, five and an half feet long. Where the stems are red, they appeared above the sand.
2. A portion of a specimen of the green variety, also culled in May.
3. A leaf of the variety, fig. 1, from the advanced plant.
4. Ditto of the variety fig. 2.
5. The variety with lanceolate leaves.
6. A flower with its peduncle.
7. The same with fruit.