Subject: Re: Yoga to improve eyes
From: dynasor.infi.net (Dennis McClain-Furmanski)
Date: 29 Apr 1995 06:32:35 GMT
> Someone recently posted saying they had used yoga to significantly improve their vision. I would love to hear more -- the specific exercises done, how long it took, and any other details. I have poor vision and would like to find a way to improve it.
I wasn't very clear. I do yoga to practice awareness and control over my body. Consider it as non-impact martial arts. This allows me to particiapte more effectively in the exercises specifically designed to improve my vision.
These exercises are
- wearing a patch over one or the other eye to force the one to exercise. I find that they take turns being dominant. This may be because one has slight amblyopia, I'm not sure.
- Going without glasses as much as possible.
- Forcing myself to see things at the edge of my ability.
- Using one eye, read at arms length from a book, and moving the book to different areas of my field of vision.
- Quickly alternating between focusing on something near, and far. I started at 10 times each, 5 times a day, and now do 50 times, 10 times a day or so.
As with most exercise, if it hurts, it's working, but you're doing too much. Drop back a bit and do less until you can without discomfort, then move up again.
There are other specific exercises of Chinese origin which are supposed to work, but I never studied up on those since mine already worked for me.