From: robins49.pilot.msu.edu (ROSE)
Date: 19 Dec 1995 14:30:32 GMT
Subject: violet syrup
For those of you who requested the recipe for violet syrup -- here goes;
- Fill a jar with violet blossoms, cover with boiling water (just to cover)
- Cover, and let sit for 24 hours. Strain infusion, discard petals.
- For each cup of violet extraction, add the juice of ½ lemon, and 2 cups of sugar. Place all in a stainless or glass pot.
- Bring to a boil, then pour into sterilized jars and seal (with cap, glass stopper, etc). Store in refrigerator.
- Color will change with lemon juice addition.
Lasts for 1 year. Dosage 1 tsp to 1 TBL for sore throats. Warning; acts as a mild laxative also.