Title page and advertisements.
Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 2 * Feb. 15, 1908
To learn the Truth. To Prove the Truth.
To Apply the Truth. To Spread the Truth.
The truth from all, for all, and to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
That all disease will ultimately be subdued, in whole or in part, by remedial measures;
That failure to cure disease is due to our lack of knowledge;
That Therapeutic nihilism is the deadly foe to Therapeutic progress;
That the study of the clinical action of the single drug is the true method of drug study;
That each drug acts directly and invariably upon one or more exact conditions of disease, and must be so studied and known;
That with such knowledge perfected, we can immediately and successfully prescribe for conditions of disease, with which we have not previously met.
- Leading articles.
- A Comparison of the Facts involved in Inflammation of the Kidneys - Finley Ellingwood, M. D.
- The Visual Inch as an Index to Systemic Conditions - W. W. Walker, A. M., M. D. (eye disorders)
- Treatment of Pneumonia - T. Jensen, M. D.
- Echinacea - Finley Ellingwood, M.D. (a continuation of his comment to the previous article)
- Brief Contributed Articles.
- Echinacea in Femoral Abscess - J. Harrison Perry, M. D.
- The use of Clay in Digestive Disturbances - C. D. Isenberg, M. D.
- Mercury - J. W. Chase, M. D.
- Crataegus in Cardiac Asthma - George Osborne, M. D.
- Cantharides in the Treatment of Fistula - David Wark, M. D.
- Therapeutic Facts. - Single Truths from many Doctors and many Truths for each Doctor.
- Iris in Psoriasis
- Calcaria Fluorica
- Thuja in Dysmenorrhea (and incontinence)
- Whooping Cough - Croup
- Echinacea in Erysipelas and in Lockjaw
- Asthmatic Bronchorrhea (agrimony)
- Veratrum in Puerperal Convulsions
- Dribbling of Urine (santonin)
- Rhus Poisoning (quinin)
- Sciatica (apocynum) Sore Nipples (tinct. of benzoin)
- Crataegus in Angina Pectoris
- Passiflora in Insomnia
- Tela Areneae (spider's web for chill)
- Boric Acid in Polyuria (diabetes)
- Vomiting in Pregnancy (gelsemium; rhubarb and potash)
- Increase of Temperature due to Cactus
- Prevent a cold (formalin)
- Reform Measures in Germany
- Constitutional Treatment for Gonorrhea
- Misc (ear plug; hernia; ganglia)
- Choice Gleanings.
- Treatment of Sciatica, by Enteroclysis at High Temperature
- Pyometra in Cancer of the Uterus
- Calcarea Phosphorica
- A Study of Ergot
- Diagnosis of Shock
- The Real Object
- The Effects of Doubt
- The Rational Influence of Hot Applications
- Suggestions in Pneumonia
- A Cancer Symposium
- Absence of the Parietal Bone
- Syphilitic Throat
- Long Waist and Movable Kidney
- Mistletoe in Hemorrhage
- Vinegar as an Antidote to Carbolic Acid
- Cystitis in Infants
- Mullein Oil in Deafness
- Treatment of Diabetes (cayenne, saw palmetto, grindelia, chimaphila)
- Iodin (in oil) Cold to the Spine (reduce fever)
- Chronic Rhinitis (ech, thuja, stillingia)
- Echinacea for Superficial Gangrene
- Gravitation in Septic Peritonitis
- The National Association
- Misc. (digitalis; location; seasickness)