Title page and advertisements.
Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 6 * June 15, 1908
To learn the Truth. To Prove the Truth.
To Apply the Truth. To Spread the Truth.
The truth from all, for all, and to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
That all disease will ultimately be subdued, in whole or in part, by remedial measures;
That failure to cure disease is due to our lack of knowledge;
That Therapeutic nihilism is the deadly foe to Therapeutic progress;
That the study of the clinical action of the single drug is the true method of drug study;
That each drug acts directly and invariably upon one or more exact conditions of disease, and must be so studied and known;
That with such knowledge perfected, we can immediately and successfully prescribe for conditions of disease, with which we have not previously met.
- Leading articles
- Influenza: Complications of the Nervous System, with Treatment - William G. Stearns, M. D.
- Phlebitis - Finley Ellingwood, M. D.
- Puerperal Eclampsia - H. S. Lowrance, M. D.
- Relapsing Typhoid - C. Weston Edwards, M. D.
- A Classification of Bright's Disease
- The Dual Action of Drugs
- Suggestions and Criticisms
- Bright's Disease
- Solar Dermatitis
- Turpentine in Hepatic Disorders
- Alcohol in Carbolic Acid Poisoning
- Suggestions in the Cultivation of Timber
- Therapeutic Facts
- Urinary Irritation; Chordee
- Facial Neuralgia; Chordee
- Leonurus as a Heart Tonic
- An Improvised Plastic Dressing: Oleum Ricini et Bolus Alba
- Cold Feet
- Tibial Ulcers
- A Case for Diagnosis and Treatment
- Treatment of Wounds
- Choice Gleanings
- Successful Treatment of Gallstones Without Resort to Surgery
- Hemorrhage from Varicose Veins of the Vagina in Pregnancy
- More About the Single Remedy
- The Eclectic Materia Medica
- Cold as a Cause of Disease
- Bier's Artificial Hyperemia as a Cure for Local Inflammation
- Straight Shots from the Illinois Meeting (injected lobelia; saw palmetto; ...)
- Dry Cupping
- Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Delayed Labor
- Book Reviews
- Post-Operative Care of Mammary Cancer
- Examinations in Materia Medica
- Macrotys in Chorea (Cimicifuga racemosa)
- Proof of the Unmistakable Non Identity and the Comparative Potency of Hyoscine and Scopolamine
- The Illinois State Eclectic Medical Society
- Ohio Eclectic Medical Society
- National Eclectic Medical Association
- National Association Bulletin for June
- Good Faith with the Medical Profession
- A comparison of the well known forms of Kidney Disease (chart)