Title page and advertisements.
Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 4 * April 15, 1908
To learn the Truth. To Prove the Truth.
To Apply the Truth. To Spread the Truth.
The truth from all, for all, and to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
That all disease will ultimately be subdued, in whole or in part, by remedial measures;
That failure to cure disease is due to our lack of knowledge;
That Therapeutic nihilism is the deadly foe to Therapeutic progress;
That the study of the clinical action of the single drug is the true method of drug study;
That each drug acts directly and invariably upon one or more exact conditions of disease, and must be so studied and known;
That with such knowledge perfected, we can immediately and successfully prescribe for conditions of disease, with which we have not previously met.
- Leading Articles
- The Tissue Remedies - W. E. Kinnett, M. D.
- Some Cases of Interest and Value - A. C. Hewett, M. D. (bruised face, charcoal in food poisoning, ech for poison ivy)
- Summer Diarrheas of Children - Blanch Bolton, M. D.
- Water in Pediatrics - John Fearn, M. D.
- Obscure Pathology - G. W. Macy, M. D.
- Brief contributed articles
- Mangifera; Oenanthe - Percy F. Lisk, M. D.
- A Good Place for Chionanthus - John Fearn, M. D. (diabetes)
- The Specific and General Action of Iris - F. J. Norton, M. D.
- Pneumonia - Horace R. Powell, M. D.
- Therapeutic facts
- Quick Restoration of Consciousness
- Nux Vomica (no bowel control)
- Oleum Hedeoma in Mastitis
- Hemophilia and Vicarious Menstruation
- Specific Sedatives (gelseminine)
- Prolapsus Ani - Hydrocele - Subinvolution (thuja)
- Prolapsus of the Rectum
- Balsam of Peru on Fissured Nipples
- Echinacea - Ergot Hypodermically
- Echinacea in Gonorrhea
- Persistent Vomiting
- To Disguise the Taste of Magnesium Sulphate (ginger, cardamom)
- Puerperal Convulsions
- Stone Bruise
- A Dysentery Formula
- Tonsillitis - Rigid Os (lobelia)
- Chelidonium in Simple Jaundice
- Some Notes on Thuja
- Mastitis in Childhood
- Aconitine Poisoning
- Pambotano and Echinacea (septicemia)
- Permanent Knowledge
- Professional Ignorance
- Cactus in Raynaud's Disease
- A Precise Study of Indications
- Epidemic Conditions and Epidemic Remedies
- The Study of a Few Typical Remedies (request for 30 remedies)
- Further Suggestions for the Use of Cactus
- Independent Thought and Action
- Indications for Staphisagria
- The Eclectic Medical Journal
- Phlegmonous Gastritis
- Rumex Crispus
- Two Good Suggestions (epsom salts for arthritis)
- Direct Practical Suggestions (Specific indications for Chionanthus, Elaterium, Collinsonia, Lobelia, Gelsemium, Plantago, Opium, Morphin, Turpentine, Geranium, Santonin, Hydrastis, Ignatia, Capsella, Viburnum prunifolium)
- Illinois Eclectic Medical Society, misc other
- Eclectic Business
- National Eclectic Medical Association
- National Association Bulletin for April
- For the Cause
- Transactions of the National Eclectic Medical Association for 1907
- A New Eclectic Journal