Title page and advertisements.
Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 5 * May 15, 1908
To learn the Truth. To Prove the Truth.
To Apply the Truth. To Spread the Truth.
The truth from all, for all, and to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
That all disease will ultimately be subdued, in whole or in part, by remedial measures;
That failure to cure disease is due to our lack of knowledge;
That Therapeutic nihilism is the deadly foe to Therapeutic progress;
That the study of the clinical action of the single drug is the true method of drug study;
That each drug acts directly and invariably upon one or more exact conditions of disease, and must be so studied and known;
That with such knowledge perfected, we can immediately and successfully prescribe for conditions of disease, with which we have not previously met.
- Leading articles
- Injuries of the Ear Drum - W. S. Carter, M. D.
- Papaw - Finley Ellingwood, M. D.
- Phosphorus Depravation - C. M. Thompson, M. D.
- Some Items about Fluids Before and after Meals - C. D. R. Kirk, M. D.
- Some Unusual Remedies (cynara, phyllocactus, symphoricarpus, black noble palm, jatropha, cladonia, cradina, coronilla, blatta, celery, baccharis, calliandra, aristolochia, silybum)
- Children's Disorders - F. A. Pineles-Montagu, M. D.
- Brief Contributed Articles
- Dioscorea in the Prevention of Abortion - John Cupell, M. D.
- Arctium Lappa (Burdock) - John Fearn, M. D.
- Carcinoma of the Cervix Uteri - M. Kirby, M. D. (thuja)
- Uterovaginal Catarrh - C. E. Brandenburg, M. D.
- A Case of Diabetes - N. M. Dewees, M. D.
- Hemorrhoids - Menorrhagia - Gustave E. Henschen, M. D.
- Varicose Ulcers - A. L. Clark, A. M., M. D.
- To Secure Immunity from Crime
- Request for Cure for Epilepsy
- Therapeutic Facts
- Suggestions for Facts
- Spider Poisoning
- Strychnin Poisoning
- Baptisia During Labor
- Chronic Cystitis (cantharides)
- Typhoid Fever (gelsemium)
- Several Good Suggestions
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Croup (comp. liniment of stillingia)
- Sprains (tinc. of camphor)
- Bronchial Coughs
- Prostatic Hypertrophy (request for remedies)
- Treatment of Cancer
- The Passing of Therapeutic Nihilism
- Against the Germ Theory
- Emergency remedies
- Gastric Ulcer (geranium, hydrastis)
- Some Straight Suggestions (smallpox pitting, spermatorrhea, ringworm, chronic albuminuria, lumbago, diarrhea, uterine disease, carcinoma, palpitation, biliary colic, locomotor ataxia, varicose ulcers, chorea, cough, pain from uterine cancers)
- Piscidia Erythrina
- Electricity in Catarrh
- Delirium Tremens
- Care in Bright's Disease
- Arsenite of Copper
- Rice as a Food
- The Ethereal Tincture of the Perchloride of Iron (bright's disease)
- Apocynum and Exophthalmic Goitre (and irregular or too frequent menses)
- Miscellaneous Items
- Headache from Local Disorders
- Formaldehyde in Alopecia Areata
- Hemorrhage in Bright's Disease
- Pathology of Diabetes
- Help for Alopecia?
- Items, Specific
- The National Eclectic Medical Association
- Kidney diseases and Albuminuria
- Impotent Criticism
- Important Notice, Adrenalin in hemorrhages, Illinois meeting
Ellingwood's Therapeutist, Vol. 2, 1908, was edited by Finley Ellingwood M.D.