Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 1 * Jan 15, 1908
To learn the Truth. To Prove the Truth.
To Apply the Truth. To Spread the Truth.
The truth from all, for all, and to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
That all disease will ultimately be subdued, in whole or in part, by remedial measures;
That failure to cure disease is due to our lack of knowledge;
That Therapeutic nihilism is the deadly foe to Therapeutic progress;
That the study of the clinical action of the single drug is the true method of drug study;
That each drug acts directly and invariably upon one or more exact conditions of disease, and must be so studied and known;
That with such knowledge perfected, we can immediately and successfully prescribe for conditions of disease, with which we have not previously met.
- Leading Articles.
- The Tissue Remedies - W. E. Kinnett, M. D.
- Cactus Grandiflorus - Finley Ellingwood, M. D.
- Interesting Clinics - F. A. Pineles-Montagu, M. D. (Pancreatitis, Leucocythemia, Echinacea in septicaemia, Syphilis in infancy)
- Brief Contributed Articles.
- Erysipelas Migrans - E. A. Davidson, M.D.
- Sodium Hyposulphite in Smallpox - C. B. Dean, M. D.
- Uterine Irrigation in Menorrhagia - C. Woodward, M. D.
- Lycopodium - F. C. Harrison, M. D.
- Injection Anesthesia and Its Critics - G. H. Candler, M. D.
- Nasal Catarrh - A. Z. Caple, M. D. (Echinacea, Stillingia)
- Average lifetime
- Therapeutic Facts - Single Truths from many Doctors and many Truths for each Doctor.
- Specific Symptoms (santonin in watery cholera)
- Sore Nipples and Mastitis
- To Prevent Subinvolution
- Passive Hemorrhages (Atropin)
- Hamamelis in Hemorrhage
- Three Facts (Silybum for varicose veins, Ammonium chloride for poison ivy, zinc oxide for soft corn)
- Quinin in Rhus Poisoning
- Leucocytosis in Cancer
- Nasal Hemorrhage
- Misc: Charcoal as an antidote - Writer's cramp - Warts
- Gangrene and Echinacea - C. S. Whitford, M. D.
- Rubus Odoratus - G. S. Farquhar, M. D.
- Heterogenous Prescriptions - H. H. Morgan, M. D.
- The Fact
- First Principles
- A General Eclecticism
- Constitutional Symptoms in Surgical Cases
- To Prevent Pneumonia (Oil of Turpentine)
- Treatment of Alcoholics
- An Early Diagnosis
- Cactus on the Heart of the Aged
- Geranium in Cirrhosis
- Epsom Salts as an Anesthetic
- Direct remedies (Corydalis, Calendula, Viburnum prunifolium)
- Gleanings from the Medical Summary