Title page and advertisements.
Single Truths from Many Doctors and Many Truths for Each Doctor
A Journal of Specific Medicine Presenting the most Direct Patent Positive Practical Rational TRUTHS Known to the Profession To-day
Subscription Price $1.00 per Year in Advance
Finley Ellingwood M.D.
Editor and Publisher
100 State St., Chicago
Vol. 2, No. 12 * Dec. 15, 1908
THE WORLD IN MEDICINE IS OUR FIELD
The mission of this journal is the education of the individual physician, in the exact, consistent, and rational action of single drugs, as applicable to exact conditions of disease.
Our motto has been, and is today, to determine the exact truth in drug action, in the most rational manner; to prove the truth; to apply the truth; and above all to spread the truth, from all to all, without regard to the creed of the individual.
Because of attention to the other branches in the past few years, the knowledge the mass of the profession has acquired in Therapeutics has been incidental, desultory, nearly always empirical, often erratic and impracticable.
"ACT WHILE IT IS CALLED TODAY"
Come with us, doctor, for the coming year, send us your dollar and your fact; get into the therapeutic swim; get all you can, but give all you get; help us bury therapeutic nihilism so deep that it will never be resurrected.
Sign your name to the insert in this number and send it back to us as herein instructed. Today; don't delay.
- X-mas greeting
- Leading Articles
- Acute Cystitis - Finley Ellingwood
- Treatment of Syphilis without Mercury - Drs. Bloyer, Farnum, Boskowitz, Russell, Whitford, E. H. King, Mundy, Kinnett, Munn, Hauss, and Baker
- The Treatment of Septicemia after Confinement - F. J. Longfield
- Treatment of Epilepsy - Bishop McMillen
- Phaseolus Nana - A. M. Cushing
- Brief Contributed Articles
- Did Cactus Cure - Arthur V. Lyon
- Echinacea - E. A. North
- Chorea - H. L. Henderson
- A Few Practical Suggestions - Pineles-Montagu
- Heart Disorders after Paralysis - P. J. Stouffer
- Nasal, Bronchial and Lung Troubles - J. L. Wolfe
- Clinical Facts - M. Shadid (incontinence, palpitation, vomiting, tinea versicolor, constipation, head lice, herpes zoster)
- Squamous Eczema - Lucian N. Yost
- Pleuritis - Pineles-Montagu
- Therapeutic Facts
- Arnica after Confinement
- Treatment for Erythema Multiform
- Chorea; The Cough of Measles
- Congestive Chill
- Supra Orbital Headache
- Aesculus, Collinsonia and Hamamelis: Hemorrhoids.
- Tetanus, A Case
- A Sore Nose
- Antiseptic Dressing
- Trifacial Neuralgia; Hot Flashes
- A Peculiar Tongue
- Practical Suggestions
- Potassium Bichromate
- An Effervescing Formula
- Class of '93
- Sigmoid Pain
- Aconite Homeopathically Considered
- For Our Success
- As They Are Advancing
- Clinical Study and Laboratory Methods
- Echinacea in Impetigo
- Passiflora in the Sleeplessness of Tuberculosis
- Podophyllum in Bilious Headaches
- Oil of Wintergreen
- Boneset for Hiccough
- Therapeutic Philosophy from Dr. Jos. R. Hawley
- Massage of the Prostate
- Write Specifically
- Chloroform in Sunstroke
Ellingwood's Therapeutist, Vol. 2, 1908, was edited by Finley Ellingwood M.D.